It’s Smittenday! Today I’ve rounded up a few pieces of jewelry that have really caught my eye lately. My taste tends to run the gamut from down-and-dirty punk rock to high end designer swag, so don’t be surprised to find an eclectic mix on these days!
It was so hard to pick only 6 today! (You should see my Pinterest board – it’s overflowing, much as yours is, I suppose!) Usually I like to pick things within a certain price point, but today I just picked what caught my eye – you know, should I ever fall into that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Let’s get on with it, shall we?
1. Princeps Necklace – I think this is just gorgeous, especially paired with the perfect LBD, but I also love it because it is so totally DIY-able. The hardest part of the whole thing would be finding the perfect vintage brooch, or even an earring, if you want to go a little smaller. Then it’s just a bit of ribbon and you’re done!
2. Dollybird Preserved Spiderweb Pendant – Before you say anything, these pendants are entirely cruelty free – and totally amazing. I don’t know how she makes these, and I’m not sure I care, but they are definitely on my imaginary wishlist.
3. Betsey Johnson Chainlink Cuff – I am an unabashed lover of pretty much all things Betsey Johnson, even the blingier ones. And I’ll admit, this one made it onto my holiday wishlist (totally separate from the regular wishlist, of course).
4. Ebony Octopus Cuff – This is a real fantasy piece for me – as is just about anything Vivre sells (so much gorgeousness!). Ebony wood set with pavé diamonds? I totally get the ethical issues of this piece, but if you could just zap those away while also zapping me several thousand dollars, I’ll be ever so grateful.
5. Gold-Leafed Feather Earrings – Just like the Princeps necklace from Anthro, half the reason I love these is that they are totally easy to make. Faux (and real) feathers can be had at any craft store, along with both gold leaf paint and gold leaf sheets. If you don’t want to be bothered with the making, or don’t have time, these are a great buy (but you can get all the materials for under $15, just saying 😉 )
6. Silver Dagger Earrings – These are gorgeous in their own right, but as a child who grew up on movies like The Princess Bride, all I can think when I see them is:
You can’t hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.
Do you have any bits or baubles that you are smitten with these days? Share them in the comments and see them show up on an upcoming Smittenday post!